Orthodontic Assistant SeminarBecome an Orthodontic Assistant in 6 Weeks!
Orthodontic Assistant Training
Acquire all the skills required of modern Orthodontic Assistants with our hands-on training program. After just 6-weeks, graduates will be fully prepared to pursue career opportunities as an Orthodontic Assistant (including performing orthodontic assisting tasks as Dental Assistants).
- Orthodontic Appliances and Techniques
- Orthodontic Treatment Process
- Fittings, Adjustments, and Maintenance
- Oral Hygiene
- Basic Diagnostic Procedures
- Patient Reception
- Patient Education
Fall Enrollment Special
Save up to $200 off tuition on the upcoming Orthodontic Assistant Seminar during our fall special.
Proof of secondary education obtained in the U.S. (high school diploma or high school equivalency).
Individuals must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Successfully completed the Dental Assistant training program of Austin Dental Assistant School, one of its affiliates, or another regulated dental assistant career school.
- Worked full-time as a dental assistant for at least 6 months or currently working in a dental or orthodontic office.
Have questions about the requirements? Contact us today.
What Do I Get After Graduation?
You receive an Orthodontic Assistant Certificate of Completion and will be fully prepared to pursue work as an Orthodontic Assistant.
- Pay the full cost of $950 prior to the beginning of the first class.
Weekly Payment Plan
- $450 deposit prior to the first day of class.
- 6 consecutive weekly payments of $85 (auto-drafted) beginning the Monday after the first class.
- Includes a $55 payment plan fee.
Weekly Payment Plan
- $250 deposit prior to the first day of class.
- 6 consecutive weekly payments of $132.50 (auto-drafted) beginning the Monday after the first class.
- Includes a $95 payment plan fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does an Orthodontic Assistant do?
Orthodontic assistants are specialized dental aides who work with patients receiving or wearing dental gear. They might take x-rays and photos of mouths, adjust braces and make teeth impressions which are used to design orthodontic hardware. You may also perform administrative duties, such as setting appointments, billing, taking payments and maintaining patient records.
How much does an Orthodontic Assistant make?
The median pay for orthodontic assistants was $36,940 in 2016.
75th Percentile $45,170
25th Percentile $30,410
Do I need prior knowledge of dentistry?
In order to take full advantage of this course, we require that you are a current Registered Dental Assistant (RDA).
Can I find an office that will train me rather than a program?
A 2012 salary survey by the Dental Assisting National Board found that certified dental assistants earn more than non-certified assistants and that many employers reimburse assistants for their certification training and exams.
What are the job prospects for an Orthodontic Assistant?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there should be 64,600 new openings for dental assistants by the year 2026. That amounts to 19.5 percent employment growth, which is much faster than the average for all professions. There are several reasons for the increased openings, including the fact that current generations take better care of their teeth than either their parents or their grandparents, and they regularly visit a dental office.
What is the interview process like?
You will be meeting with an Orthodontic Training Representative who will go over the extent of the course and any questions that you have about the program. No application fees or any documentation is needed for the appointment.
What are some of the specific things that are taught in the course?
Bonding of brackets, removal of braces, in-depth training of orthodontic procedures such as placement of appliances, identifying bite-classification, and assisting Orthodontist in procedures.
Are there any required textbooks?
Along with the Orthodontic Assistant Course Handbook, students will read through the Basic Guide to Orthodontic Dental Nursing By Fiona Grist. Both books are covered in the course tuition.